Welcome to the Turner Sixth Grade Academy. The Turner Sixth Grade Academy is home to all sixth grade students that attend Turner USD 202. We are extremely proud of our students and enjoy celebrating their achievements in their journey of becoming a lifelong-learner. We want our students to be positive thinkers and leaders of tomorrow. Our staff believes that children learn best when provided with a systematic approach to ensure we are meeting their unique individual needs, whether that is social, emotional, behavioral, or academic.
Administration Calendar Directions
Mission: Turner Sixth Grade Academy will ensure high levels of learning for ALL students through individualized educational and social needs to aid in developing citizens of character and life-long learners.
Vision: Turner Sixth Grade Academy will create a structure and culture to ensure all students are learning to an through the sixth grade level, through demonstrations of our collective behaviors, positive thinking, utilization of best practices, and collaboration to ensure continuous grown for both students and staff.
Our Collective Commitments: In order to fulfill our fundamental purpose and become the school described by our vision statement, each member of our staff commits to the following:
- I will be a positive, contributing member of my collaboration team.
- I will teach the essential learning of our agreed-upon curriculum, unit by unit.
- I will monitor each student's learning on an ongoing process through classroom assessment and commonly team-developed formative assessments.
- I will utilize evidence of student learning to inform and improve my classroom practice to better meet the needs of individual students.
- I will keep parents informed of their child's progress.
- Through collaboration I will share resources and have an open mind to new ideas to best meet the needs of students.
- I will follow through on my commitments as it pertains to our students.
- I will commit to bettering my own practice to support all student by utilizing both research-based and best practices.