Turner High School
2211 South 55th Street
Kansas City, KS 66106
School Hours: 7:20 am- 2:20 pm
Office Hours: 7:00 am-3:30 pm
Turner High School, founded in 1916, is located in southern Wyandotte County within the city of Kansas City, Kansas. With approximately 1,100 students in grades 9-12, Turner High School competes in the Kansas State High School Activities Association (KSHSAA) Class 5A and are know state-wide as the Turner Golden Bears. Turner High School offers many academic and athletic co-curricular and extra-curricular opportunities for student involvement.
Empower students to be self-motivated learners within a diverse society.
Combining the community strengths with a highly qualified staff, we will implement a rigorous curriculum which includes technological competency, critical thinking, cultural awareness, and the acceptance of others while using instructional strategies that foster creativity and collaboration.
- Have the opportunity to learn.
- Understand Education is a life-long process.
- Expect to achieve academic excellence in a challenging curriculum utilizing real world applications.
- Contribute to a positive and safe educational environment.
- Explore diverse interest and opportunities.
- Respect themselves and others.
- Develop into citizens and leaders in our global economy.