Enrollment may be completed at the Office of Student Services in the Administrative Service Center, 800 South 55th St., Kansas City, KS or online*.
When completing enrollment online, you will be able to upload required and supporting documents. A scanner is not required because photos of the documents may be uploaded. The link below is for new students to the district only. Existing students complete registration through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
*Please note: Once you sign up to complete enrollment/registration online an email will be sent to the email address you enter to complete the process.
- Preschool Enrollment Information
- Kindergarten Enrollment Information
- Documents Required to Enroll
- Other Required Documents
- School Visit
- A utility bill or lease is needed to establish residency in Turner USD 202.
- State issued identification of parent.
- The student's state issued birth certificate.
(Any student without a birth certificate submitted within 30 days of enrollment will be referred to the District Attorney's Office pursuant to Kansas State Law 72-53,106.)
Once you receive an email approving your enrollment from the district, please call your child's school for their classroom assignment and start date.
Middle and High School Students
The Guidance Office at your child's school will call to schedule an appointment for you and your child to meet with their counselor and complete enrollment once the appropriate records have been received from their prior school.
Statute 72-1111: Compulsory school attendance; exemptions. (a) Subject to the other provisions of this section, every parent or person acting as parent in the state of Kansas, who has control over or charge of any child who has reached the age of seven years and is under the age of 18 years and has not attained a high school diploma or a general educational development (GED) credential, shall require such child to be regularly enrolled in and attend continuously each school year (1) a public school for the duration of the school term provided for in K.S.A. 72-1106, and amendments thereto, or (2) a private, denominational or parochial school taught by a competent instructor for a period of time which is substantially equivalent to the period of time public school is maintained in the school district in which the private, denominational or parochial school is located. If the child is 16 or 17 years of age, the parent or person acting as parent, by written consent, or the court, pursuant to a court order, may allow the child to be exempt from the compulsory attendance requirements of this section.
Location & Hours for Enrollment for Students NEW to Turner Schools
Administrative Service Center (ASC)
800 South 55th St.
Kansas City, KS 66106
1st Floor, North Parking Lot
Office of Student Services, Room 110
Monday-Friday: 7:30 AM-4:00 PM
Please check back for enrollment information for the 2019-2020 school year.
Notice for NON_RESIDENT students.
If your plans are to continue as a student in the Turner District, you must comply with the following:
- The student must meet established criteria for attendance, behavior, and grades based on the previous school year.
- Requests for returning non-resident enrollments are considered on a space available basis.
- Transportation for returning non-resident students is the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- Student residency is determined by the residence of the custodial parent only. Resident locations of grandparents, other relatives, babysitters, other child care providers, etc. may not be used to determine residency.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH BOARD OF EDUCATION POLICY JBC, TURNER USD 202 DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY NEW NON-RESIDENT STUDENTS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF CHILDREN WHOSE PARENTS ARE EMPLOYEES OF THE DISTRICT OR TURNER RECREATION COMMISSION.