Welcome to Turner USD 202! Everyday we strive to achieve success by expecting the best from everyone, both in the classroom and outside school walls. We thank you for choosing the Turner Unified School District and look forward to getting to know your student both personally and academically.
If you are looking for more information about our preschool and kindergarten programs, visit their webpages through the links below.
NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT
Enrollment for the 23 - 24 school year is open. Online enrollments are preferred, however in person enrollment may be done by appointment.
New students enrolling in USD 202 will need to provide the following:
- Proof of Residency: A utility bill or lease is needed to establish residency in Turner USD 202.
- Student's State Issued Birth Certificate: Required at the time of enrollment for pre-k and kindergarten students entering school for the first time. Any other student without a birth certificate submitted within 30 days of enrollment will be referred to the District Attorney's Office pursuant to Kansas State Law 72-53,106.
- State Issued Identification of Parent/Guardian
- Immunization Record
Completed Physical Form: Required within 90 days of enrollment for pre-k and kindergarten students.
NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT APPOINTMENTS
Parents/guardians who prefer to enroll a new student in-person rather than online may schedule an appointment by calling the Office of Student Services at (913) 288-4123. Parents/guardians should come to the appointment with the required documentation listed above.
returning student online registration (OLR)
Each May, returning students will need to complete online registration (OLR) through Parent Portal to be officially enrolled for the upcoming school year. This process consists of the parent/guardian verifying the information on file for each student and signing off on the parent acknowledgements in July. Students will not receive their district technology or class schedule until OLR and parent acknowledgements are completed.
NOTICE FOR NON-RESIDENT STUDENTS
If your plans are to continue as a student in the Turner District, you must comply with the following:
- The student must meet established criteria for attendance, behavior, and grades based on the previous school year.
- Requests for returning non-resident enrollments are considered on a space available basis.
- Transportation for returning non-resident students is the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- Student residency is determined by the residence of the custodial parent only. Resident locations of grandparents, other relatives, babysitters, other child care providers, etc. may not be used to determine residency.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH BOARD OF EDUCATION POLICY JBC, TURNER USD 202 DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY NEW NON-RESIDENT STUDENTS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF CHILDREN WHOSE PARENTS ARE EMPLOYEES OF THE DISTRICT OR TURNER RECREATION COMMISSION. (SEE POLICY JBC & JBCAA)
Office of Student Services
800 S. 55th St.
Kansas City, KS 66106
Student Services Secretary, Enrollment
Statute 72-1111: Compulsory school attendance; exemptions. (a) Subject to the other provisions of this section, every parent or person acting as parent in the state of Kansas, who has control over or charge of any child who has reached the age of seven years and is under the age of 18 years and has not attained a high school diploma or a general education development (GED) credential, shall require such child to be regularly enrolled in and attend continuously each year (1) a public school for the duration of the school term provided for in K.S.A. 72-1006, and amendments thereto, or (2) a private, denominational or parochial school taught by a competent instructor for a period of time which is substantially equivalent to the period of time public school is maintained in the school district in which the private, denominational or parochial school is located. If the child is 16 or 17 years of age, the parent or person acting as parent, by written consent, or the court, pursuant to a court order, may allow the child to be exempt from the compulsory attendance requirements of this section.