The Turner Unified School District Food Service Department, in partnership with Opaa! Foods, offers convenient and nutritious meals for all students in Preschool through 12th grade. Please choose a topic below for additional information about the Food Service Department.

Important Change to Free School Meals

There is an important change coming to school meals for the upcoming 22 – 23 school year. The USDA program that has provided free school meals to all students during the COVID-19 pandemic is ending on June 30th. This means that unless qualifying families turn in a free/reduced meal application, they will need to pay full price for meals when school starts in August. 

We encourage you to complete the free/reduced meal application for the 22 – 23 school year as you may be eligible to continue receiving the free meal benefit. When this application becomes available on July 1st, the district will send out information on how to complete and submit the free/reduced meal application for the 22 – 23 school year.

Families who receive benefits through SNAP, TANF, or the foster care system are already enrolled in the free school meal benefits and do not need to submit an application.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, it Agencies, offices, employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint for, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Ave, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) Email:

Photo of salad bar

Contact US

Food Service Department
800 South 55th Street
Kansas City, KS 66106


Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm




Suzanne Alston
Food Service Director
(913) 288-4143



Nikki Parrett
Food Service Coordinator
(913) 288-4141

Jessica Lucas
Oppa! Food Service Assistant
(913) 288-4142