- What is the difference between "Blended Learning" and "Remote Learning"?
- Can a student enroll for one in-person course and complete the rest virtually?
- Will I be able to change enrollment from Remote Learning to Blended Learning?
- Will students receive a device for remote learning?
- When will schedules be available and how will parents be notified?
- How do I get help with technology?
- Will the bus service be delivery lunches to those who are remote?
- Transportation Questions
The "Blended Learning" option combines in-person learning with remote learning. Students will be assigned to either Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday classes with alternating Fridays. Students will be supported using Schoology during days when instruction occurs at home. Students and parents will be required to maintain a log of time spent learning at home.
The "Remote Learning" option provides at-home instruction through computerized learning with instructional support provided by a USD 202 staff member.
Students and parents needing help with technology can request assistance from our Help Desk by filling out this online form. Our help desk will work as quickly as possible to resolve the issue. We appreciate your patience, especially at the beginning of the school year.
At this time we are not planning to offer the food service delivery program to students that are remote. Summer meal pickup will continue at Turner Elementary through August 31st and we are hoping to extend the meal pickup program.
We are also hoping to send additional meals home with students participating in Blended Learning. This is dependent on gaining a waiver from KSDE.