- Upcoming Physical Dates
- Athletics Participation Forms
- Admission to High School Athletic Events
- Concussion Information
- Sports Medicine
- Parent Meetings
- United Kansas Conference
- District Band Programs
Please read carefully as physicals are going to be handled differently this year. Only Turner students will be allowed to participate in physicals and any student choosing to get their physical completed must attend the physical night for their appropriate grade level. Grade level is for the 2018-2019 school year. Please contact the Athletic Office at 913-288-3380 if you have questions.
Turner High School Students
Grades 9 -12
July 31st, 2019 2:00 pm-6:00 pm
Turner Middle School Students
Grades 7 - 8
August 1st, 2019 2:00 pm- 6:00 pm
Parent must be present OR signed the paperwork before the student will be seen by the doctor. Forms are available under the Athletics Physical Form tab below.
The Athletics Participation packet must be completed and received in the Athletics Office before any student may participate in practice, participate in tryouts, or participate in competition. The participation packet consists of:
- KSHSAA Physical Form
- KSHSAA Eligibility Checklist
- Concussion Information Release Form
- TUSD Emergency Medical Authorization
- Code of Conduct Acknowledgement
- Children's Mercy Informed Consent
Please be sure all forms are filled out and required signatures are complete. Incomplete packets will not be accepted and an Eligibility Card will not be issued until it is complete. Student athletes in grades 7-12 must have a new Physical dated after May 1 of each year and on file with the Athletic Office in order to participate. Please download the Physical Form via the link below.
Prices for Admission to Turner High School Home Athletic Events
Single Admission to regular reason athletic events:
Regular Games: Adults $5.00
Students in Grades 7-12: $4.00
Students in "BearWear": $1.00
Students in Grades 6th and under: Free
Seniors 65 and Older: Free
Admission to District/Regional or State games
(prices are set by the KSHSAA)
Athletic Event Passes
Save money by planning ahead. The district offers several cost-saving passes for admission to home athletic events. All passes can be purchased/obtained through the THS Athletic Office.
- Turner Foundation Annual Membership: $50.00- Membership includes two individual passes to all Turner Middle School and Turner High School sponsored events (excluding dances, school plays, and all KSHSAA post season events) for the year. For more information, visit the Turner Foundation Page.
- Student Activity Ticket: $40.00- The Student Activity Ticket includes admission for one student to attend all school sponsored events (excluding dances, school play, and all KSHSAA post season events) for the year. The Student Activity Ticket is only for students currently enrolled in the Turner School district and it cannot be shared). An Early Bird combo of an Activity Ticket and Yearbook are also available at the beginning of each school year.
- As a benefit of employment, Turner USD staff who bring school ID to athletic events can enter and bring one guest. (If ID is not present, staff pays regular admission costs.)
- Members of the Press will receive one free admission to an event with their I.D.
- College Scouts will receive one free admission to an event with their school I.D.
The Kansas State High School Activities Association (KSHSAA) has recently added new requirements that must be fulfilled by each athlete before they may begin their first practice each year. These include a course on Concussions and Head Injuries.
Additionally, the Turner Board of Education has approved all student-athletes to participate in IMPACT Testing. The IMPACT Test acquires a baseline of the student-athlete and in the event that an athlete were to receive a concussion during the year, they can be retested and the results compared. Both of these new requirements will be conducted at the school by the Athletic Trainer and at no cost to the athlete.
Parent meetings are held at the start of each sport season. Attendance is mandatory for the parent and student athlete. Meetings will begin at 5:oo pm in the Turner High School Auditorium.
Winter Sports meeting December 3, 2019
Boys Swim @ 6:15
Girls Basketball @ 6:15
Boys Basketball @ 7:00
Wrestling @ 7:45
Chris Cakes will be serving up all you can eat pancakes for $5 a plate.
Welcome to the Turner High School Athletics department,
Home of the Turner Golden Bears!
THS Athletics is guided by six pillars of success:
- Student-Athlete: "Student" comes first, then the "Athlete".
- Communication: Communication will be emphasized in all aspects of running our programs.
- Team: Everyone on the TEAM has a role. We will all emphasize and work as a cohesive unit.
- Character: Each coach will emphasize the building of character in the programs.
- Sportsmanship: Win or lose with class, and always demonstrate respect for self, opponent, officials, staff and community.
- Competition: Each coach and student-athlete will emphasize competing and playing hard.
In order to participate in athletic programs at THS, families must complete the Athletic Physical Packet. Students will not be able to practice or compete until the entire physical packet has been completed and returned to the Athletics department.